Why should hospital staff use QualiBelly Advanced?
QualiBelly Advanced is a unique, patented, compression support for any kind of surgery in the abdominal area and has unmatched comfort and functionality, both for patients and health care staff.
Have a look at this comic strip explaining it all: (click on it to download)
- Nurse: Good morning Dr. Jones. Can I have a few minutes? I would like to show you a new abdominal binder called QualiBelly Advanced. I think it really can improve our daily work, save time and get your patients more active and comfortable.
- Surgeon: That’s a lot to ask of an abdominal binder, Mary. What makes you think this one should be better than what we use now?
- Nurse: Well, even if it’s ONE binder, it acts like 3 separate ones. Each can be tightened to a level of compression that’s comfortable for the patient.
- Surgeon: So compression per band can be set individually, which means the binder can be adjusted to the type of surgery I do?
- Nurse: Exactly, dr. Jones. Let me show you how we can have different compression levels at the upper, mid, and lower abdomen in this binder. This would increase the comfort of the patient.
- Surgeon: Yes, that would certainly be an advantage. More comfort could help to get patients to follow our instructions to wear a binder.
- Nurse: Yes, I think so. Perhaps even more importantly, we won’t need to cut a hole in the binder to get drainage tubes through, - or other devices the patients might have, like a stoma bag.
- Surgeon: Explain that for me, please.
- Nurse: OK, the 3 bands have space at each side of the closures before the stitches that connects them. This creates a slit between the bands that allows us to close one band above and one below the drainage tube.
- Surgeon: So you don’t have to separate the drainage tube from the line and pass it through a hole?
- Nurse: Exactly! That would not only save time, but decrease the risk of infection, and save me from making a mess.
- Surgeon: I start to see why you like this binder so much, Mary!
- Nurse: It’s not all, Dr. Jones. It will save even more time for us nurses. You know how we need to be two people to close the traditional abdominal binder on a large patient? Not with this one. One person can easily do it.
- Surgeon: Explain that, Mary.
- Nurse: I can just open one band, or 2 if needed for good wound access. And since at least one band is kept closed, it’s easy for one nurse to close the other 2 when finished, - even on the largest patients! That again saves both time and staff.
- Surgeon: Interesting! So, the benefits are: Lower risk of infection, more comfort, saving time - and need of staff. Anything else?
- Nurse: Yes, I think it will be easier for patients to be more active, and have an earlier bowel movement. Besides adjustable compression, patients can open the top band for comfort when sitting. It’s light, aerated and conforms well to the body. Oh, and there is a handy drainage bottle holder that fits on the binder itself without tape or pins!
- Surgeon: OK, OK. I get it, Mary. I understand all the benefits for nurses and patients. Let’s try it out, and get some hands-on experience with QualiBelly Advanced.
All the features of QualiBelly Advanced:
Unique nurse-designed tri-band abdominal compression support, ideal for patients who have had major surgery in the abdominal region and have drainage systems, stoma devices, driver line systems or other devices that exit from the abdomen.
Designed to prevent infections since separation of drainage systems, driver line systems or other devices is eliminated. The bands simply close above and below such items which exit at the slit(s) between them.
Provides a steady pleasant support to a tender wound which reduces pain from bruising and swelling, improves blood circulation and oxygen supply to the surgical site to speed up healing of the wound.
Individually adjusted compression settings at upper, mid and lower abdominal segments to decrease postoperative pain.
Provides a supportive pressure to the abdominal muscles to reduce pain during increased internal abdominal pressures when coughing, sneezing and straining.
One or two of the bands can be opened for wound access while the other band(s) remain closed to maintain support during wound care with less pain. Just one healthcare person can close the binder again on patients of all body sizes.
Provides support to the lumbar and abdominal regions which helps to get out of bed sooner, improves posture, breathing and mobility, and to walk around more easily and safer with the hands free.
Converts easily from a 3- to a 2-band for additional comfort when sitting.
Convenient universal device holder available to arrange and attach drainage systems directly to the binder (sold separately).
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.